by      
Configuration details for the Alfresco Community document management system on Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS. If you are using the VHD I sent you these settings will apply to you. If you are setting up your system following the instructions I published in the Micro Enterprise Size systems this is your next step. All others, this is only information related to the most common settings and I am not covering all possible configs. Not yet at least.

If you are looking for the "Setup Ubuntu Server 12.04 and Alfresco Community DMS" it's here. 

Alfresco Community on Ubuntu Server Advanced Configuration

 Large Rectangle (336 x 280)

Now that you have your server setup using the Alfresco Community DMS installation instructions we now need to edit the configuration files.

These setings apply to my setup or if you are using the same VHD that I created for you these are the changes you'll need to make.

Alfresco Community  /  Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS Configs

Alfresco Community Document Management System Configurations: 

1. Setup your command line editor.

2. Common Key Commands: 

  • k = move cursor up
  • j = move cursor down
  • h = move cursor left
  • l (L lower case) = move cursor right
  • i = insert text
  • Esc = navigate to use other commands
  • :w = save
  • :q = quit
  • zz or :wq = save and quit

Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 has changed the useragent name.

The MSDN drift on the change was they are looking to be more like HTML5 compatible browsers. 

It would have been nice to make a simple add-in for this so users didn't have to suffer when at sites that use UserAgent to redirect or display content correctly. 

Alfresco Community works fine in IE 11 in all pages except the Share logon. 

You need to enable the developers tools (tools > F12 Development Tools > User Agent String > IE 10 or IE 9.

Compatiblity mode wit IE 7.0 doesn't seem to make any change.

Alfresco Logon using Internet Explorer 11 IE11, IE 11 issues with UserAgent or not?

It's actually going to be a simple Alfresco update to the script that reads the useragent. 

It's not a bug, it's not IE but it's how IE sends it's useragent. 

So my quick fix is to add a compatibility fixed mode and not use that damn compatibility IE 7.0 mode which doesn't help any HTML5 website.

If you are like me and have only one or two IE users accessing the Alfresco DMS you can edit the registry and restart your brower (IE close and open)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent 

Add the following:

Add new String Value: Name: Compatible Value: compatible

Add new String Value: Name: Version Value: MSIE 10.0

Now you can logon using IE 11.0 to your Alfresco Share folder and get back to drag and drop features of the Alfresco Community DMS. 

When I get on the server I'll edit the UserAgent script to include IE 11.0 change. 

 

 

Configuration details for the Alfresco Community document management system on Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS. If you are using the VHD I sent you these settings will apply to you. If you are setting up your system following the instructions I published in the Micro Enterprise Size systems this is your next step. All others, this is only information related to the most common settings and I am not covering all possible configs. Not yet at least.