Install OEM ROM Software: Onda Phoenix Suit
Always give a review, thumbs up, comment and thanks for the information and downloads by using one of the following:
The Phoenix Suit distributed with each OEM ROM from Onda .CN which is included in the RAR file downlaods from Baidu and from my site is what you will need to install your ROM using FACTORY OEM ROM.
If you know how to read this:
Then you can read the DOC file included with the RAR file.
My Simple Translation:
ALWAYS BACKUP / Create RESTORE POINT!!!
1. Please read carefully this document and tutorial.
2, Follow the steps here in order. Do not modify the steps.
From your Desktop or Laptop Computer.
- Please use Windows XP, Windows 7 desktop computer system, with the USB to Micro USB cable connected to a USB port on your computer.
- Be sure to charge your tablet to more than 50% of battery level.
- Disable your anti-virus software on your computer during the installation of this application. (Some antivirus applications my give a false positive during the installation of the upgrade tool.)
From your Tablet.
- Make a backup before upgrading the Tablet PC. Store your backup on a TF (SD) Card and remove the card before you continue with your upgrade or install of your ROM package.
Please read every message and this guide carefully before upgrading.
You are using this software tool at your own RISK.
When you download the RAR file and extract the compressed file to your desktop computer you will find 3 files.
- Phoenix Suit v1.x.x
- Chinese Doc installation guide.doc (This translation)
If you have downloaded the MSI file from my site you can just follow the click happy pictures below.
Beginners Please READ: RAR or ZIP files: If you do not know how to extract a ZIP / RAR file then I am going to think you will not be able to update or install the ROM on your Tablet. Please ask someone to show you how to extract a RAR file.
Beginners Please READ: MSI or EXE files: if you do not know how to double click to install a software or to install device drivers please ask someone to help you with your comptuer.
- Extract the files.
- Double Click on the PhoenixSuitV1.08_CN.msi file.
- Click the Default selected button or simply hit your enter key.
- Next install the device drivers for your computer.
You will see prompts for the device driver installation that are in Chinese.
I will lay out the ones that might confuse people because we do not install device drivers every day.
The VID_1f3... driver will show in your Device Manager once your Tablet is connected. Follow the installation pictures.
After this you are done.
You should find an icon like this on your desktop or in your Programs menu like in the image below.
Each time you start the program it will look for an update.
Give the applications a minute or two to complete this operation.
When complete, you will see "Update Available" type of message or this. (Image below)
Here's the start screen.
If you cannot read English very well or not at all like most of us Americans here are the step by step instructions to update or change "Fireware" to export and save APK files.
- Click on the tab Firmware
- Browse to your .IMG file you would like to load.